Monday, June 23, 2008

Cherry Tomatoes and ice cream sandwiches

Last night Benjamin and I ate cherry tomatoes from our tomatoe plant. We only had a few to eat but they were "ummy" as Benjamin said. We are hoping for more this summer. We have quite a few green tomatoes but they haven't turned red yet. I hope that Benjamin doesn't pick the green ones thinking they will be good to eat. I have tried to stress that "you only pick and eat the red ones" but not really being able to recgonize what is red, he might just think he should pick all of the tomatoes. I bet one taste of a green one and he won't pick anymore. So sad, I hope he doesn't eat a green one and then his taste for tomatoes will be ruined. Lately he does things that I don't want him to do. This morning after I got out of the shower I went to the living room and Benjamin was there eating an ice cream sandwich on the couch. He got into the freezer, got an ice cream sandwich out and unwrapped it, took it to the couch and started eating it for breakfast. I had offered him some cereal earlier but he wanted a doughnut, which we didn't have. I guess ice cream will substitute for a doughnut in his mind! Hopefull we will have more tomatoes soon so he can have a healthy dinner to make up for his ice cream sandwich breakfast!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the slide show! Alayda always wants treats for breakfast! We have had an ice cream sandwich for breakfast too, including ME!