Sunday, November 21, 2010

Who's afraid of crab legs?




We went to Salt Lake City this last week, I went to see Dr. Walsh, we did some Christmas shopping and had Benjamin's pictures taken. We also went to McGrath's Fish House...we are not BIG seafood eaters, partly because we don't very often have an option to eat good seafood because of where we live...in a tiny town in the West. I decided to have a shrimp and crab leg platter. Jim had some oysters on the half shell...not my choice, yuck! Ben had a grilled cheese sandwich, we were all eating and Ben asked what the crab leg cracker thing was for, I grabbed the crab legs and thought I would show him how to crack open the crab shell to get the crab meat out. Well when I took the crab legs from my plate and moved them towards him he SCREAMED as loud as he could! He got a horrified scared look on his face and he moved away from me and backed against the wall! The whole restaurant looked at us...like we were freaks!!! Ben was so scared of the crab legs, it took the rest of the dinner to get him to realize that the legs were not going to GET him and he screamed a few more times as I tried to show him they were not going to hurt him. We really need to get out more!!!! Sheesh, you would think we were hillbillies from the country!

No comments: