Monday, March 5, 2012

Wrestling and an ER visit


Ben wanted to do wrestling this year. When he is having practice, it is kind of hard for me to watch and not laugh. Although Ben has learned some things and he comes home and tries them out on me and Jim, I don't have a clue what he is doing. He had his first tournament this last Saturday and he got pinned twice! I don't even know if he realized the whole point of wrestling...to pin the opponent! The Rowdy Boys tournament was held in Monticello and I just thought it was going to be a few kids from around the area...nope, 600 kids and their families there. What a mad house, well actually it was very well organized but just a lot of people. Later on in the afternoon on Saturday Ben had a high fever that came on very quickly and he complained of stomach ache and headache. We went to the ER as I have never had him complain of stomach cramps like that and the fever was 101. I though he probably had strep throat but his test was negative and as well for influenza. Today is Monday and he is home from school as he still has a fever. For two nights I have been up about every four hours to give him some Motrin or Tylenol. Still kind of worried and hope it goes away soon! Later Ben told me that he had eaten some of the popcorn he spilled on the floor at the tournament! We are lucky he is still alive!! I keep telling him that he can't lick things in public and eat off the floor. Hopefully he will realize this now...maybe momma knows a thing or two about bacteria and viruses!! Ben wanted some Sprite in the Shamu cup we got from Sea World and some Lightning McQueen chicken noodle soup. He said it made him feel better and that's what I was aiming for!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR Picture! haHA! good one!

Hallers said...

Crazy kid! I about died when he told me he ate the spilled popcorn!