Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Easter Egg!




Another day of suprises with Benjamin Franklin Haller! On Friday morning, very early, probably between the hours of six and seven, Benjamin woke up and decided that he would make something. His mom and dad were still steeping in their bed...sound asleep. Benjamin got up into the Easter egg dye kit and decided to dye some Easter eggs. He mixed the dye, yes, a four year old can actually mix the dye. He went to the fridge and got out the eggs and dyed four of the five eggs we had. He did all of the mixing and dying under the table. His dad got up at about seven o'clock and found him and the eggs. Dad and Ben cleaned up what they could and dad put the eggs back into the fridge for a suprise for mom. When I got up, Jim showed me the pink colored eggs. I was a little confused and asked if he had boiled them and dyed them for Valentine's day. When Jim and I celebrated our first Valentine's day together ten years ago, I made him a dozen hard boiled, decorated, pink eggs. That was what he wanted for his gift. It has come full circle and was a fun, and messy reminder of our first Valentine's day together. I didn't yell at Ben for getting a little dye on the carpet and just tried to realize maybe these weird things happen for a reason. We all had a good laugh and Jim and I realize that our little boy can do much more than we give him credit for. We are both amazed at what he can do!

1 comment:

Heather said...

ha ha ha... That is freaking hilarious. Good thing you wanted to replace that carpet anyway. Although if it would have happened at my house, you wouldn't have noticed a difference (dang pink carpet!)... Anyway Happy Valentines day, hope you guys have a good one! Loves