Monday, June 20, 2011

DREAMS~


Benjamin has had a dream for years now that he would get to ride on Thomas The Train. It came true on June 17, 2011! It was made into a dream of dreams when Ben's cousin Isley Singer also rode the train along with him. Our day strated at the crack of dawn...not a time of day that mom likes very much but was willing to endure for the dream! We rode to Durango, Colorado and as we came to the entrance of the depot we witnessed THOMAS! Ben and Isley were beyond excited. We stood in line for tickets. I had bought the new "all day pass, ride Thomas as many times as you can stand in one day"! When I got to the ticket counter the lady asked for my name and gave me our four tickets for the 2:30pm ride and the 3:45 ride. I said that I thought the tickets were for all day and we could ride as many times as we wanted...she gave me a questioning look and said that there were only so many seats and that she could give us tickets to the 12:30 ride also. I was MAD, I paid good money to ride and ride and ride again if we wanted. But three rides would have to be all, little did I know that two rides was more than plenty! No wonder she gave me a weird look, like lady you don't know what you are getting yourself into. We went to the museum and bought Thomas toys that both boys had saved their money for and which took Isley about an hour and four different choices before he settled on what he wanted to buy. We bought some t-shirts to commerate the event. We were supposed to be on the 12:30 train but we, Jim and I, thought it was the 12:45 train and right as we left the museum to get ready to board the train, it left the station. You would have thought we had just shot Ben and Isley, they cried and acted like it was the worst thing that ever could happen, later I found out that it was probably the best thing that could have happened! We went to McDonalds for lunch and then we went on the 2:30 train and the 3:45 train. Two rides was enough for one day! We got tatoos and balloons, jumped in a huge train jumping house and petted some goats, cows, horses and a donkey. Dreams can actually come true!

No comments: