Friday, December 26, 2014

Twas the night before Christmas

It was Christmas eve and we were doing the traditional Haller Christmas eve thing. Ben always gets new pajamas on Christmas eve. I always let him open a couple of gifts on Christmas eve. He HATES to get pajamas but I love it! This year he got a set of Santa pajamas, red pants and a top that looks like a Santa suit. I guess he is getting older and Santa pajamas aren't fun, I hate to see him grow up because it is not so much fun anymore. He whines and complains about getting pajamas but it is one of my favorite things about Christmas. He got to open a book that Dr. Carl Bell wrote. Dr. Bell is a sweet, kind, older physician who recently joined our little hospital to provide care in the ER and in the clinic. He wrote a book called "With a hug and kiss". It is a book of simple stories with pictures that are like a coloring book, Ben can color the pictures and read the stories. Dr. Bell had addressed the book to Benjamin. Recently we found out that Dr. Bell has cancer and will not be working with us anymore. It makes me sad and thankful for the book the Ben opened on Christmas eve this year. We have read most of the stories in the book and always end the night with a hug and kiss!

No comments: