The theme for the 24th of July Pioneer Days Celebration was Then and Now. The parade was good and there were some suprising entries. I actually teared up when Jerry Walker sang Elvis Presley's "Blue Suede Shoes" in honor and memory of Dr. James Redd. I loved the big rig with the soldiers on it too. Rick Eldredge's Posse was awesome! Janessa Bowring yelled out to Benjamin...she is the second attendant to Miss San Juan County (she is in black in the red convertable). Benjamin and Jim collected a HUGE bag of candy. Benjamin even got two deputy Sheriff badges...he loves them and wanted to wear them to church. I had to tell him that he couldn't go to Primary as the Sheriff! Overall the parade was very entertaining. We skipped the park and people, we came home and had one heck of a barbeque with dutch oven potatoes and steak!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
24th Celebration...Then and Now!
The theme for the 24th of July Pioneer Days Celebration was Then and Now. The parade was good and there were some suprising entries. I actually teared up when Jerry Walker sang Elvis Presley's "Blue Suede Shoes" in honor and memory of Dr. James Redd. I loved the big rig with the soldiers on it too. Rick Eldredge's Posse was awesome! Janessa Bowring yelled out to Benjamin...she is the second attendant to Miss San Juan County (she is in black in the red convertable). Benjamin and Jim collected a HUGE bag of candy. Benjamin even got two deputy Sheriff badges...he loves them and wanted to wear them to church. I had to tell him that he couldn't go to Primary as the Sheriff! Overall the parade was very entertaining. We skipped the park and people, we came home and had one heck of a barbeque with dutch oven potatoes and steak!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment