Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Singer Sister











We went to Manti to visit my sister and her family, the Singers. We, Ben and I, had so much fun. Ben loves Isley, Allyson and Spencer's 5 year old boy...Ben's cousin. Ben and Isley have much in common and they like a lot of the same things...Thomas the train! They play pretty well together and have fun. We visited the Manti Temple at night. I took Ben and Isley with me so I could take some pictures of the temple. I told them that they had to be good, not be noisy and run, or we would have to leave. They were fascinated by the lights that spotlight the temple. They giggled and laughed and I kept telling them to be quiet. They ran up the stairs that go around the back of the temple, I could hardly keep up! They rolled down the hill in the back of the temple which I made them promise they would not do...but I couldn't control them so they did what they wanted! After rolling down the hill, I decided it was time to go home and we went on a little path that I thought lead down to the parking lot. It was dark on the path that curved through some tall pine trees...we were scared because it was a little too spooky. We all held hands and walked down the path a little bit but I couldn't see where we were going...it was so dark. We decided to go back down the stairs and around the front where there were lights. Once again Ben and Isley ran took off towards the stairs,I knew that my knees were going to be killing me the next day but I tried to keep up...they were so quick. When I got down the stairs they were smelling the flowers...see the picture and we were getting strange looks from the temple workers who were going home. I thought they were going to tell me to leave or control the kids, which I would have had to leave! Isley decided to pick a flower and have Ben smell it...as a temple worker watched! I was lucky both boys didn't just roll in the flower beds. It was time for us to go...I think the workers going home probably just couldn't see in the dark or for sure we would have been escourted to the parking lot! I was hoping that because it was at night some of their energy would be gone...NOT likely!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun! I love your photographs! You are good! You are way good at it! Isn't fun?! I love it! We will see you soon! Travel safe.