
We went fishing over memorial day weekend this year. Jim is the "pole fixer" guy. He always fixes our fishing poles and helps everyone fish. He taught me how to fish when we were first married. We used to go fishing almost every night in the summer before we had Ben, now we don't seem to have time to go fishing. I had forgotten how enjoyable and relaxing it is to fish. My Grandma Gerd used to take us fishing but I don't remember ever catching fish, maybe I just didn't pay attention. Or maybe I was too loud and had no patience! We like to use hand-tied flies but sometimes Ben uses bait. Jim is a good teacher, he went fishing with his dad and brother as a boy. Jim learned how to fly fish from his dad. Jim taught Ben how to cast his line and we even caught some fish. Ben reeled in his own fish, he was so excited! I am thankful for a husband who is willing to share his time and knowledge with us! Our cousin, Drew Westcott, came to visit us and he caught a water snake...keep that away from me!!!! I love the picture of Ben looking at his seaweed fish...he looks so disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment